Cruz is FAR more than a ‘first term senator’
- Conservative? Ted fell in love with the Constitution and US history in middle school. Pastor Rafael Cruz says conservatism is hereditary – he learned it from his kid!
- Smart and persuasive? A top debater, Cruz was praised by liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz, who called Ted one of the smartest students ever to attend Harvard Law.
- Knows how the Supreme Court works – clerked for Chief Justice William Rehnquist.
- Knows how to reduce regulation? As Steve points out at Granite Grok, during Ted’s stint at the Commerce Department, he worked to prevent regulation of Internet commerce.
- Can run a large organization? As Solicitor General of Texas, Cruz led a team of hundreds of attorneys and their staff, and was considered extremely effective.
- Protect and defend the Constitution? The state of Texas, under AG Abbott and Solicitor General Cruz, argued multiple constitutional cases before the Supreme Court, to great effect on the side of originalism.
- Knows how to win? Cruz ran for senate against a very well funded establishment favorite, former Lt Gov David Dewhurst, and beat all odds with a convincing win in the final runoff (multiple contenders). It is worth noting, that while Gov Rick Perry supported Dewhurst in that race, he has since carefully evaluated and endorsed Ted Cruz for President.
I rest my case – Ted Cruz for President!